Assistant HR Manager | Zephyr Cove, NV
Part-Time (16 hours) / Full-Time (32 Hours)
Seasonal (10 Months) / Year Round (12 Months)
Assistant HR Manager will assist with day-to-day administrative office needs as well as recruitment, staffing and team-management. Assistant HR Manager will be responsible for updating, filing and posting job description as well as help with screening of applicants. Assistant HR Manager will help with the on-boarding process of new employees and will be responsible for facilitating orientations and company-specific trainings. Assistant HR Manager will be responsible for coordinating team-activities, company-specific trainings and drills. Assistant HR Manager will be responsible for communicating changes and announcements to necessary departments, will help review comments, suggestions and issues and properly relay information to necessary department. Assistant HR Manager will help update information for employees including but not limited to contact information, availability and requests for time-off. Assistant HR Manager may also work as a representative of the company from time-to-time at community and promotional events. Assistant HR Manager will also work as an Administrative Assistant and may help facilitate shop operations from time to time.
About Clearly Tahoe
Clearly Tahoe is a full-service recreational company in the Lake Tahoe area that specializes in guided tours and rentals on both land and water. We currently feature guided tours from 7 different Lake Tahoe locations, operate 1 on-site rental concessions and 2 adventure-themed retail shops in the Tahoe basin. In addition to our popular tours in completely transparent kayaks, Clearly Tahoe also offers on-site rentals from the Sand Harbor Nevada State Park, excursions from our 46 foot tri-toon, hiking, biking and snowshoe tours during the off-season. With a team of more than 60 employees, Clearly Tahoe offers a variety of both seasonal and year-round positions, in-house training, and growth opportunities.
Assistant HR Manager will primarily work in in a private office located in Zephyr Cove, NV but may be expected to assist at an off-site location from time to time. Assistant HR Manager will often work independently to complete tasks but from a shared office that will be occupied by 1-2 additional team members on occasion.
Assistant HR Manager will primarily work during normal business hours but with scheduling flexibility. Shifts for this position will average 6-8 hours/day with a start time as early as 7:00am and a clock-out time as late as 5:00pm. Full-time schedule for this position will be 4-5 days/week will average 32 hours/week in season. During the off-season, this position may drop to part-time (16 hours) and involve more administrative duties.
Assistant HR Manager Primary Responsibilities
– Assist with administrative tasks and office organization.
– Check emails. Reply to emails or forward accordingly.
– Answer phone calls. Provide information and assistance as necessary.
– Create and manage schedule.
– Help prepare for upcoming meetings, team activities and trainings.
– Work with management to identify staffing needs.
– Review, update and save job descriptions.
– Post jobs as necessary.
– Manage job postings and incoming applicants.
– Assist with recruitment and screenings.
– Draft offer letters for approval.
– Help facilitate orientation and on-boarding documents for new employees.
– Process paperwork and keep employee files updated.
– Work with department managers to identify staffing needs, company performance and improvement solutions.
– Help update training programs, check-lists, cheat-sheets and tests.
– Facilitate background checks and job-specific tests when necessary.
– Set-up employee accounts and assist with account updates.
– Manage employee uniform program.
– Assist with applications for benefits including but not limited to benefits.
– Reviews incident reports and identifies solutions.
– Helps answer questions and enforce company and employment policies.
– Investigates incidents and helps prepare information for carriers.
– Draft documents for promotions, re-assignments, disciplinary action and termination.
– Help log employee performance including but not limited to reviews, management feedback and sales.
– Help calculate and process gratuities.
– Help process payroll.
– Help with duties involving workplace safety and workers compensation.
– Coordinate and facilitate team-wide safety drills, inspections and trainings.
– Review and process suggestions, complaints and issues to appropriate department.
– Attend meetings, trainings and promotional events.
– Plan and coordinate and facilitate team activities.
– Draft and post team announcements.
– Assist with company-specific trainings.
Assistant HR Manager Should be able to comfortably;
– Communicate in English at minimum. Bilingual preferred.
– Work independently with basic instruction and existing knowledge.
– Help manage and resolve sensitive and confidential situations.
– Identify and help resolve problems and prevent issues.
– Operate computer systems proficiently using both Mac and Windows.
– Help with communication in emergency situations.
Job Types: Full-time, Year Round (12 Months)
Training Rate: $14.00/hour (Nevada)
Starting Rate: $24.00 per hour
- Discounted Recreational Experiences
- Shop Discounts
- Team Activities
- Dental insurance (Full-Time)
- Health insurance (Full-Time)
- 6 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 3-5 days/week
NOTE: Schedule may vary seasonally.
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance Based Bonuses
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clearly Tahoe
212 Elks Point Road, Unit 444
Incline Village, NV 89451
NOTE: Must be able to reliably commute or relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must be fluent in English. Bilingual preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to work both Mac and Windows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management or an equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 2 years related experience (required).
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screening.
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work.
- Communicate with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter. Ability to identify problems and propose solutions independently.
- Valid Drivers License
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR