Tour Guide | Incline Village, NV
Part-Time (16-32 hours) / Full-Time (32+ hours)
Seasonal (8 Months)
Tour Guide will be responsible for preparing for upcoming tours which may include transporting and setting-up boats, equipment, checking the weather conditions. Guides at this location, will be responsible for facilitating the arrival of guests, checking-in and outfitting participants upon arrival and ensuring they have completed liability waivers prior to participation in scheduled activity. Tour guide will be responsible for providing on-site safety lecture to all participants and will be expected to assist guests when entering and exiting the boats. Tour Guides will take guests along a designated tour route while conducting and educational lecture which includes historical information, environmental facts and statistical data. Tour guide will be responsible for entertaining guests and ensuring they have the safest and most enjoyable experience. Guides will be responsible for break-down and clean-up as well as routine maintenance, safety checks and training. Secondary tasks include working the rental concession, training of new guides, pre and post season maintenance and assembly.
About Clearly Tahoe
Clearly Tahoe is a full-service recreational company in the Lake Tahoe area that specializes in guided tours and rentals on both land and water. We currently feature guided tours from 7 different Lake Tahoe locations, operate 1 on-site rental concessions and 2 adventure-themed retail shops in the Tahoe basin. In addition to our popular tours in completely transparent kayaks, Clearly Tahoe also offers on-site rentals from the Sand Harbor Nevada State Park, excursions from our 46 foot tri-toon, hiking, biking and snowshoe tours during the off-season. With a team of more than 60 employees, Clearly Tahoe offers a variety of both seasonal and year-round positions, in-house training, and growth opportunities.
Tour Guides will primarily be scheduled to work on-site at our Sand Harbor location but will be required to clock-in and start their shift at an alternative location in Incline Village, NV. Guides may be provided shifts at other tour-sites from time to time. Maintenance and alternative work including, but not limited to; pre and post season prep, training and meetings may take place off-site at other operating locations. Tour guides at our Incline Village location will mostly work independently but may be required to work within a team environment from time-to-time. Tour guides will be required to facilitate tours and occasional on-site activities without supervision. Tour guides at this location may be cross-trained to work at the rental concession and will be required to communicate with staff working the concession.
Tour Guides will primarily work in the early morning and should expect to facilitate 1-3 tours/day depending on the duration, season and weather conditions. Guides will be scheduled to either open or close and may be responsible for both opening and closing from time to time. Shift for this position may start as early as 6:00am for an opening shift or as late at 12:00 noon for a closing shift. Closing shift may run as late as 8:00pm in peak season. Shifts for this position range from 6-10 hours and will average 30-40 hours/week for a full-time employee. Employees may work up to 5-days per week at this location. This position may be full-time/seasonal or part time/seasonal and will run from March 1st through November 30th.
Tour Guide Primary Responsibilities
– Arrive on time to clock-in location.
– Check weather conditions and determine operating limitations (if any) for the day.
– Check for and prepare for any reservations.
– Attend a mandatory daily briefing.
– Set-up and inspect equipment.
– Communicate with guests prior to arrival.
– Facilitate the arrival of pre-scheduled guests.
– Ensure guests have been with the proper equipment.
– Provide basic safety lecture and basic instruction prior to participation in activity.
– Assist guests with entering and exiting vessels.
– Conduct scheduled tour.
– Respond to emergencies on the water
– Report concerns regarding active rentals to rental staff.
– Implement Emergency Action Plans when necessary.
– Conduct routine safety and maintenance checks.
– Communicate with other departments.
– Help train new team members.
– Answer questions and help provide recommendations to guests.
– Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude.
– Ensure all guests have an enjoyable experience.
– Facilitate check-out.
– Attend safety drills and trainings.
– Regularly inspect and clean equipment.
– Prepare for pre-post season.
– Help assemble equipment when necessary.
– Complete daily reports.
Rental Attendant Should be able to;
– Communicate in English
– Lift 50lbs. Regularly
– Swim Proficiently
– Kayak and Paddleboard
– Operate Computer Systems
– Respond to Emergencies (Lifeguard or EMT certification preferred)
Job Types: Part-Time/Full-time, Seasonal (8 Months)
Training Rate: $14.00/hour (Nevada)
Starting Rate: $16.00-18.00/hour (determined by level of certification)
Long-Term Rate Range: $16.00-20.00/hour
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Discounted Recreational Experiences
- Shop Discounts
- Team Activities
- Outdoor Work Environment
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
NOTE: Schedule may vary seasonally.
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Tips | Average $10/hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clearly Tahoe
893 Tahoe Blvd.
Incline Village, NV 89451
NOTE: Must be able to reliably commute or relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must be fluent in English
- Able to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- Proficient kayaking skills
- Proficient paddleboarding skills
- Able to swim 300 yards (freestyle or breaststroke)
- Able to surface dive to 10 feet and retrieve a 10lb. object
- Tread water for 2 minutes
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in computer systems
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR
- Lifeguard Certification (Preferred)
- ACA Kayak Certification (Preferred)
- Paramedic License (Preferred)
- EMT Certification (Preferred)
- Boating License (Preferred)