On-Site Supervisor (Guide) | Tahoe Keys Marina
Part-Time (16-32 hours) / Seasonal (6 Months)
On-site supervisor will be responsible for both implementing and overseeing on-site activities and day-to day operations. On-site supervisor will work as a guide to facilitate activities and services and be responsible for all guide-related responsibilities and duties in addition to operational oversight. Candidates should have a background in customer service, management and emergency response procedures. This position offers scheduling flexibility, performance-based bonuses as well as gratuity. Additional benefits are available for full-time, year-round staff.
On-site supervisor will be responsible for preparing for upcoming tours which may include transporting and setting-up boats, equipment, checking the weather conditions. As a supervisor-level guide at this location, On-site supervisor will be responsible for facilitating the arrival of guests, checking-in and outfitting participants upon arrival and ensuring they have completed liability waivers prior to participation in scheduled activity. Supervisor-level guide will be responsible for providing on-site safety lecture to all participants and will be expected to assist guests when entering and exiting the boats. Supervisor-level guide will take guests along a designated tour route while conducting and educational lecture which includes historical information, environmental facts and statistical data. Supervisor-level guide will be responsible for entertaining guests and ensuring they have the safest and most enjoyable experience. Supervisor-level guide will be responsible for break-down and clean-up as well as routine maintenance, safety checks and training. Secondary tasks include scheduling assistance, training of new guides, pre and post season maintenance and assembly.
About Clearly Tahoe
Clearly Tahoe is a full-service recreational company in the Lake Tahoe area that specializes in guided tours and rentals on both land and water. We currently feature guided tours from 7 different Lake Tahoe locations, operate 1 on-site rental concessions and 2 adventure-themed retail shops in the Tahoe basin. In addition to our popular tours in completely transparent kayaks, Clearly Tahoe also offers on-site rentals from the Sand Harbor Nevada State Park, excursions from our 46 foot tri-toon, hiking, biking and snowshoe tours during the off-season. With a team of more than 60 employees, Clearly Tahoe offers a variety of both seasonal and year-round positions, in-house training, and growth opportunities.
On-site supervisor will work as a tour guide to implement activities at select location with additional responsibilities and oversight. As a supervisor-level guide, on-site supervisor will primarily be scheduled to work on-site at our Tahoe Keys Marina location but may be provided shifts at other tour-sites. Maintenance and alternative work including, but not limited to; pre and post season prep, training and meetings may take place off-site at other operating locations. Employees at the Tahoe Keys Marina will mostly work independently but may be required to work within a team environment from time-to-time. Employees at this location will be required to facilitate tours and occasional on-site activities without supervision.
Shift at this location will primarily be in the late evening and start between the hours of 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Shifts may run as late as 2:00am during peak season. Shifts may range from 6-10 hours and will average 24-32 hours/week. Employees may work up to 4-days per week at this location. This position is considered part-time/seasonal and will run from May 1st through October 31st.
On-Site Supervisor (Guide) Primary Responsibilities
- Check weather conditions and determine operating limitations (if any) for the day.
- Transport staff and supplies to and from operating location.
- Set-up and break-down equipment.
- Facilitate the arrival of pre-scheduled guests.
- Check-in and outfit participants upon arrival.
- Provide safety lecture and instruction.
- Conduct scheduled tour.
- Implement Emergency Action Plans when necessary.
- Oversee team in fast-paced environment.
- Assist in breaking team if necessary.
- Conduct routine safety and maintenance checks.
- Coordinate safety drills and trainings.
- Communicate with other departments.
- Help train new team members.
- Help schedule team.
- Regularly inspect and clean equipment.
- Prepare for pre-post season.
- Help assemble equipment when necessary.
- Complete daily reports.
- Cancel guests in the event of unfavorable conditions.
- Submit needs list for supply orders.
Activity Supervisors should be able to;
- Lift 50lbs.
- Kayak and Swim
- Drive and Operate Vehicle
- Oversee a Team
- Coordinate daily activities in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Respond to Emergencies (EMT certification preferred)
Job Types: Full-time/Part-time, Seasonal (6 Months)
Training Rate: $14.00/hour (Nevada)
Training Rate: $16.00/hour (California)
Starting Rate: $20.00-$22.00/hour (determined by experience and certification)
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Discounted Recreational Experiences
- Shop Discounts
- Team Activities
- Outdoor Work Environment
- Occasional Wildlife Sightings
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- 6 hour shift
NOTE: All shifts are in the afternoon and evening. Schedule may vary seasonally.
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clearly Tahoe
2435 Venice Drive East
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
NOTE: Must be able to reliably commute or relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must be fluent in English
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Proficient kayaking skills
- Able to swim 300 yards (freestyle or breaststroke)
- Able to surface dive to 10 feet and retrieve a 10lb. object
- Tread water for 2 minutes
- Clean driving record
- Boating experience
- 2 Years customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in computer systems
- Ability to drive and park a trailer
- Valid Driver’s License
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certification
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Paramedic License (Preferred)
- EMT Certification (Preferred)
- Boating License (Preferred)