Shuttle Operator | Incline Village, NV
Part-Time (16-32 hours) / Full-Time (32+ hours)
Seasonal (8 Months)
Clearly Tahoe shuttle operator will be responsible for checking in guests and transporting them to and from the site of their scheduled tour. Shuttle operators will be expected to hemp transport equipment, staff and customers to and from various Clearly Tahoe operating sites. Shuttle operators at this location should have proficient kayaking/biking knowledge and skills and will act as support-staff to our tour guides. Shuttle operators will be based to work at one of our Clearly Tahoe retails shops and will be trained to help with basic shop-related tasks as a secondary job duty. Shuttle operators should have 2+ years of customer service experience, a clean driving record and be excellent at managing time. Shuttle operators at this location will work with little supervisor and will be responsible for keeping a tight schedule and abiding by all company rules and regulators to ensure the day runs smoothly.
About Clearly Tahoe
Clearly Tahoe is a full-service recreational company in the Lake Tahoe area that specializes in guided tours and rentals on both land and water. We currently feature guided tours from 7 different Lake Tahoe locations, operate 1 on-site rental concessions and 2 adventure-themed retail shops in the Tahoe basin. In addition to our popular tours in completely transparent kayaks, Clearly Tahoe also offers on-site rentals from the Sand Harbor Nevada State Park, excursions from our 46 foot tri-toon, hiking, biking and snowshoe tours during the off-season. With a team of more than 60 employees, Clearly Tahoe offers a variety of both seasonal and year-round positions, in-house training, and growth opportunities.
Shuttle operator will based out of our Clearly Tahoe shop in Incline Village, NV location and will be responsible for transporting equipment, guests and staff between any Clearly Tahoe operating locations. At this location, shuttle operators will often facilitate regular scheduled tours from the Sand Harbor Nevada State Park. An average one-way shuttle run will last between 10 and 25 minutes occurring as often as every 30 minutes or as little as every 2 hours. Group size can range from 2 to 30 guests at this location.
Shuttle operators will generally start their shift in the early morning between 6:30am and 8:30am and work from 6-12 hours/day. An average peak summer shift will average 9 hours but may be longer in the event of heavy traffic, emergencies or unfavorable weather conditions. Employees may work up to 5-days per week at this location. This position may be full-time/seasonal or part time/seasonal and will run from March 1st through November 30th. Please Note: Shifts are subjects to be shorter or cancelled entirely in the event of unfavorable weather conditions.
Shuttle Operator Primary Responsibilities
– Arrive on time to clock-in location.
– Check weather conditions and determine operating limitations (if any) for the day.
– Inspect vehicles/trailers.
– Attach trailer if necessary.
– Drive truck and trailer to launch site of scheduled tour.
– Set-up and inspect equipment.
– Check for and prepare for any reservations.
– Communicate with guests prior to arrival.
– Facilitate the arrival of pre-scheduled guests.
– Ensure guests have been with the proper equipment.
– Transport guests, guides and equipment to and from scheduled tour site.
– Assist guests with entering and exiting vessels if necessary.
– Respond to emergencies on the water
– Implement Emergency Action Plans when necessary.
– Conduct routine safety and maintenance checks.
– Communicate with other departments.
– Help train new team members.
– Answer questions and help provide recommendations to guests.
– Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude.
– Ensure all guests have an enjoyable experience.
– Facilitate check-out.
– Process shop sales.
– Fulfill shop duties.
– Help answer the phone and basic questions.
– Run errands when necessary.
– Attend safety drills and trainings.
– Regularly inspect and clean vehicles.
– Fuel vehicles when necessary.
Tour Guide Should be able to;
– Communicate in English
– Lift 50lbs. Regularly
– Safely Drive and Operate Oversize Vehicle
– Pull and Park Trailer
– Properly Inspect and Maintain Vehicles
– Operate Online Apps and Computers
– Respond to Emergencies (Lifeguard or EMT certification preferred)
Job Types: Part-Time/Full-time, Seasonal (8 Months)
Training Rate: $14.00/hour (Nevada)
Starting Rate: $18.00-20.00/hour (determined by license)
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Discounted Recreational Experiences
- Shop Discounts
- Team Activities
- Outdoor Work Environment
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
NOTE: Schedule may vary seasonally.
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Tips | Average $10/hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clearly Tahoe
893 Tahoe Blvd. Ste 800
Incline Village, NV 89448
NOTE: Must be able to reliably commute or relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must be fluent in English
- Able to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- Age 25+
- Valid Drivers License
- Clean Driving Record
- Pass Background Check
- Proficient Kayaking Skills
- 2+ Years Customer Service Experience (preferred)
- Recreational Experience (preferred)
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in computer systems
- Ability to drive and park a trailer.
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR
- Valid Drivers License
- CDL Class B