Night Kayak Tour Guide | Tahoe Keys Marina
Part-Time (16-32 hours) / Seasonal (6 Months)
Our night-kayak tour guides work in the late afternoon/evenings at our Tahoe Keys Marina location to facilitate our Eco and LED Night kayak experiences. Unlike some of our other guide positions, our night kayak tour guide will be responsible for all aspects of their scheduled experience with little to no assistance. Guides at this location will be trained to assist with everything from tour reservations and check in to shop sales and of course guiding our night kayak experiences.
Our night kayak tour guides will be responsible for preparing for pre-scheduled tours which may include transporting and setting-up boats, equipment, checking the weather conditions. As a tour guide at this location, guide will be responsible for facilitating the arrival of guests, checking-in and outfitting participants upon arrival and ensuring they have completed liability waivers prior to participation in scheduled activity. Tour guide will be responsible for providing on-site safety lecture to all participants and will be expected to assist guests when entering and exiting the boats. Guide will take guests along a designated tour route while conducting and educational lecture which includes historical information, environmental facts and statistical data. Our night kayak tour guide will be responsible for entertaining guests and ensuring they have the safest and most enjoyable experience. Tour guide will be responsible for break-down and clean-up as well as routine maintenance, safety checks and training. Secondary tasks include processing retail sales, assisting with general questions, making basic reservations and communicating with reservation team, as well as pre and post season maintenance and assembly.
About Clearly Tahoe
Clearly Tahoe is a full-service recreational company in the Lake Tahoe area that specializes in guided tours and rentals on both land and water. We currently feature guided tours from 7 different Lake Tahoe locations, operate 1 on-site rental concessions and 2 adventure-themed retail shops in the Tahoe basin. In addition to our popular tours in completely transparent kayaks, Clearly Tahoe also offers on-site rentals from the Sand Harbor Nevada State Park, excursions from our 46 foot tri-toon, hiking, biking and snowshoe tours during the off-season. With a team of more than 60 employees, Clearly Tahoe offers a variety of both seasonal and year-round positions, in-house training, and growth opportunities.
Our night tour guide will primarily be scheduled to work on-site at our Tahoe Keys Marina location but may be provided shifts at other tour-sites. Maintenance and alternative work including, but not limited to; pre and post season prep, training and meetings may take place off-site at other operating locations. Employees at the Tahoe Keys Marina will mostly work independently but may be required to work within a team environment from time-to-time. Employees at this location will be required to facilitate tours and occasional on-site activities without supervision.
Shift at this location will primarily be in the late evening and start between the hours of 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Shifts may run as late as 2:00am during peak season. Shifts may range from 6-10 hours and will average 24-32 hours/week. Employees may work up to 4-days per week at this location. This position is considered part-time/seasonal and will run from May 1st through October 31st.
Night Tour Guide Primary Responsibilities
- Check weather conditions and determine operating limitations (if any) for the day.
- Set-up and break-down equipment.
- Facilitate the arrival of pre-scheduled guests.
- Check-in and outfit participants upon arrival.
- Provide safety lecture and instruction.
- Conduct scheduled tour.
- Implement Emergency Action Plans when necessary.
- Communicate with other departments.
- Regularly inspect and clean equipment.
- Prepare for pre/post season.
- Help assemble equipment when necessary.
- Complete daily reports.
- Help make reservations for general public.
- Cancel guests in the event of unfavorable conditions.
- Process sale of retail items when necessary.
- Fulfill shop needs when necessary.
Night Kayak Guides should be able to;
- Lift 50lbs.
- Kayak and Swim
- Coordinate daily activities in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Respond to Emergencies (EMT certification preferred)
Job Types: Full-time/Part-time, Seasonal (6 Months)
Training Rate: $14.00/hour (Nevada)
Training Rate: $16.00/hour (California)
Starting Rate: $16.00-$18.00/hour (determined by level of certification)
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Discounted Recreational Experiences
- Shop Discounts
- Team Activities
- Outdoor Work Environment
- Occasional Wildlife Sightings
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- 6 hour shift
NOTE: All shifts are in the afternoon and evening. Schedule may vary seasonally.
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clearly Tahoe
2435 Venice Drive East
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
NOTE: Must be able to reliably commute or relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must be fluent in English
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Proficient kayaking skills
- Able to swim 300 yards (freestyle or breaststroke)
- Able to surface dive to 10 feet and retrieve a 10lb. object
- Tread water for 2 minutes
- Clean driving record
- Boating experience
- 2 Years customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in computer systems
- Ability to drive and park a trailer
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certification
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (Preferred)
- Boating License (Preferred)