Rental Attendant | Clearly Tahoe Rentals, Incline Village, NV
Part-Time (16 hours) / Full-Time (32 Hours)
Seasonal (8 Months)
Rental Attendant will be responsible for setting up rental concession and preparing for the day. Rental Attendant will be expected to prepare for any upcoming reservations and communicate with guests prior to arrival. Rental Attendant will be responsible for greeting guests, making on-site reservations, checking in guests using a computer system. Rental attendant may be responsible for handling money and should be able to carefully and accurately do so in a fast-paced environment. Rental Attendant will be responsible for providing equipment and outfitting participants with the proper supplies. Rental Attendant will be responsible for providing safety lecture and basic instruction to all participants. Rental Attendant will be responsible for ensuring wind and weather conditions are appropriate and communicating rental boundaries to guests. Rental Attendant will be expected to assist guest with entering and exiting vessels and keeping the equipment organized on the beach. Rental Attendant will be expected to monitor guests during their time on the water and prepared to implement Emergency Action Plan if necessary. Rental Attendant will be responsible for maintaining a clean and professional work environment free of trash and hazardous equipment. Rental Attendant will be expected to provide information and recommendations to guests as well as ensure they have an enjoyable time during their experience. Rental Attendant will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining equipment on and off-site, breaking down rental concession and ensuring all equipment is secured at the end of the day.
About Clearly Tahoe
Clearly Tahoe is a full-service recreational company in the Lake Tahoe area that specializes in guided tours and rentals on both land and water. We currently feature guided tours from 7 different Lake Tahoe locations, operate 1 on-site rental concessions and 2 adventure-themed retail shops in the Tahoe basin. In addition to our popular tours in completely transparent kayaks, Clearly Tahoe also offers on-site rentals from the Sand Harbor Nevada State Park, excursions from our 46 foot tri-toon, hiking, biking and snowshoe tours during the off-season. With a team of more than 60 employees, Clearly Tahoe offers a variety of both seasonal and year-round positions, in-house training, and growth opportunities.
Rental Attendants will primarily work on-site at the Sand Harbor Nevada State Park but will be required to clock-in and start their shift at an alternative location in Incline Village, NV. Rental Attendant may be provide alternative work off-site from time to time. Rental Attendant will work in a team environment and should be cross-trained on all responsibilities of the rental concession.
Rental Attendant will be scheduled to either open or close the concession and may be responsible for both opening and closing during the slow season. Shift for this position will primarily be in the morning and may start as early as 6:00am for an opening shift or as late at 12:00 noon for a closing shift. Closing shift may run as late as 8:00pm in peak season. Shifts for this position range from 8-10 hours and will average 40 hours/week for a full-time employee. Employees may work up to 5-days per week at this location. This position may be full-time/seasonal or part time/seasonal and will run from March 1st through November 30th.
Beach Attendant Primary Responsibilities
– Arrive on time to clock-in location.
– Check weather conditions and determine operating limitations (if any) for the day.
– Check for and prepare for any reservations.
– Attend a mandatory daily briefing.
– Set-up rental concession and prepare for upcoming reservations.
– Inspect and inventory equipment.
– Communicate with guests prior to arrival.
– Check-in and facilitate on-site reservations.
– Outfit guests with the proper equipment.
– Provide basic safety lecture and basic instruction prior to participation in activity.
– Assist guests with entering and exiting vessels.
– Ensure conditions are suitable and monitor rentals while on the water.
– Answer questions and help provide recommendations to guests.
– Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude.
– Ensure all guests have an enjoyable experience.
– Facilitate check-out.
– Carefully and accurately handle money and daily drops.
– Attend safety drills and trainings.
– Implement Emergency Action Plans when necessary.
– Help train new team members.
– Conduct routine safety and maintenance checks.
Rental Attendant Should be able to;
– Communicate in English
– Lift 50lbs. Regularly
– Swim Proficiently
– Kayak and Paddleboard
– Operate Computer Systems
– Respond to Emergencies (Lifeguard or EMT certification preferred)
Job Types: Part-Time/Full-time, Seasonal (8 Months)
Training Rate: $14.00/hour (Nevada)
Starting Rate: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour (determined by level of certification)
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Discounted Recreational Experiences
- Shop Discounts
- Team Activities
- Outdoor Work Environment
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
NOTE: Schedule may vary seasonally.
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Tips | Average $10/hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clearly Tahoe
893 Tahoe Blvd.
Incline Village, NV 89451
NOTE: Must be able to reliably commute or relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must be fluent in English
- Able to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- Proficient kayaking skills
- Proficient paddleboarding skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in computer systems
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR
- Lifeguard Certification (Preferred)
- Paramedic License (Preferred)
- EMT Certification (Preferred)
- Boating License (Preferred)